Wednesdays are simplicity days at SimpleProductivity blog.
Sometimes simplicity is found in the little things. Here are 10 ways to try out simplifying your life today, for one day:
- Simplify your schedule. For one day, get rid of everything you don’t have to do. It’s only one day, after all.
- Simplify your exercising. Instead of going to the gym, take a walk. Do some simple stretches. Take a bike ride.
- Simplify your clothing. Experience the freedom of fuss-free dressing. If you are bound for an office with a dress code, cut down on accessories. If you work in a casual environment, wear comfortable clothes. Ladies, leave off some jewelry and wear trousers instead of a skirt. See how freeing dressing simply can be.
- Simplify your beverage. If you routinely go for fancy coffee, try something simpler. If you drink soda, try water.
- Simplify your load. We all carry too much stuff with us. Ladies, clean out your purse, or (*gasp*) go without one. Gentlemen, clean out the wallet. Consider leaving the briefcase/backpack/tote bag at home.
- Simplify your food. Fancy meals are fine. But today have a simple dinner. Perhaps some pasta with jarred sauce? Steamed veggies? Make it easy on yourself.
- Simplify your media intake. For one day, skip the news, blog reading and surfing. If something really important happens, someone will tell you.
- Simplify your interactions with children. If you have kids, let them have a day off from their activities. Play a game or go for a walk to reconnect.
- Simplify your focus. Make a conscious effort to do one thing at a time. Focus on what you are doing, and resist the urge to multitask.
- Simplify your purchasing. For today, don’t shop. If you have to buy something, make sure it’s all you buy.
In the end, you will have had a more relaxing day. If you want to take it one step further, ask yourself which of these was the easiest? The most difficult? What could be done on a daily basis? Could you do a simple day once a month? Share below.
Photo by Suzie T