In today’s world, there’s no reason that you shouldn’t have a cell phone such as an Android based phone, or even an iPhone. If you don’t have one today, you’re really missing out! I have an Android, as well have played around with an iPhone, and I wanted to show you the applications that I use on my phone that help me boost my productivity, when I’m working with my small business.
If you’re interested in the following apps, you can either download them on your Android, through the “Market” app, or if you have the iPhone, you can download them via your phone, or through iTunes.
- SugarSync (iPhone + Android): I love this application, and it’s by far my favorite. What you will do is sync up your phone with your computer, and it will automatically send files from your computer straight to your phone. It’s great to have my computer in two places!
- Documents to Go (iPhone + Android): Want to read your Microsoft Office documents on the go? This simple $3 application will allow you do just that. You can read Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files.
- Scan2PDF (iPhone + Android): Let’s say that you want to scan something, and convert it into a PDF file. With this application, you will simply take a picture of the document, and the application will do all the dirty work for you, and send the file to you in a PDF format.
- GDocs (Android): Like Microsoft Office, Google has its own version, where you can edit documents, spreadsheets, and more. You can upload them straight to Google Docs via your account.
- ServerUP (Android): If you run a web business, and you want to know if your website is up, and running, ServerUP will monitor your websites. When your websites are down, the application will notify you on the phone.
- AK Notepad (Android): Ever have an idea, or maybe you wanted to write something down really quick? AK Notepad allows you to jot down notes anytime you want to write something down.
- Nimbuzz (iPhone + Android): Do you have an instant messenger user name on a few platforms such as AIM, and Yahoo!? Well, now you can stay connected 24/7 with your phone. This application will combine your accounts all into one messenger for your phone, making it easy to chat with anyone all in one place.
- Jott (iPhone): Jott is a great program. What you can do is talk into the phone jotting down notes by voice. Jott will then transcribe your voice into actual notes. It’s very accurate, and highly rated on the app store!
Phones are definitely not what they were a few years ago. Today, you can do just about everything you can do on a computer, and more. Yes, you can still make phone calls, but you can do so much more for your business. It’s a great way to stay connected, no matter where you are with your business.
Photo by edans