When you’re looking at a life that seems out of balance, and you know that you need to make changes, the toughest part can be knowing where to start.
Start With Questions
For me, the best place was to assess where I currently am, before deciding where I am going. So I wrote down some questions and gave myself some time to think about them and answer them.
- How do you feel right now?
- How do you want to feel after the reboot?
- What do you want your days to look like?
- What do you want your evenings to look like?
- What do you want your weekends to look like?
- How do you want your relationships to work?
- Where do you spend the most time?
- Are you satisfied with how you are spending your time?
- What do you want more of in your life?
- What do you want less of in your life?
- Are there areas of your life you are neglecting?
- Are there areas of your life your are hyper-focusing on?
- Are you carrying resentments because of your activities?
- How do you feel about your activities in the past year?
- What are you proud of in the past year?
- What did you let go of in the last year?
- In an ideal world, where would you be in one year?
There are more questions, and we will be looking at these further in future articles as we talk about rebooting life.
Did you know you can get Twitter and Facebook updates from this blog? For Twitter, look for @SmplProdBlog. On Facebook it’s Facebook.com/SimpleProductivity. You can also find me at Google+ as email@example.com.
Photo by jakeandlindsay
Articles In The Series:
- Life Reboot: Where Do You Start?
- Your Ideal Evening
- What Do I Want My Weekends To Look Like?
- What Do I Want More Of In My Life?
- What Do I Want Less Of In My Life?
- Projects, Open Loops and the RAM Dump
- LThinning Projects
- Doing A Time Audit
- Eliminating Time Wasters
- Do You Have Brain Thrash?
- How To Streamline Inputs
- How To Plan A Month
- How To Make A Weekly Plan