Fridays are open loop days at SimpleProductivity blog.
- This seems like an easy idea…if you happen to have gravel around. From Lifehacker’s “Clean a Grill Grate Without a Brush”
- Don’t wait. Just do it. Now. The Right Moment is a myth. From Lifehacker’s “The ‘Right’ Moment to Begin Doesn’t Exist, So Get Started Now”
- This is a really cool little thing if you spend a lot of time in your car. From Lifehacker’s “Make a DIY Portable Car Table”
- This isn’t about the condition of the driver – it is the condition of the car. A pre-flight checklist, so to speak. From Lifehacker’s “Know When You Shouldn’t Drive Your Car”
- A low-tech alternative to lighting…use rocks and glow paint. From Lifehacker’s “Make Your Walkway More Visible with Glow Paint and Rocks”
- Creative work can’t be pushed into 10 minute chunks. Here is the Pomodoro method for creative work. From Lifehacker’s “Balance Creative Work with Must-Do Tasks by Splitting an Hour 45-15″
- Too often I find things shoved to the back of the fridge. Knowing what is in there would inspire me to use it up more. From Lifehacker’s “Avoid Wasting Food with a Nightly Fridge Cleaning”
- This is a great little trick. I’ve used it on a course I am writing right now. From Problogger’s “The Power of ‘TK’ in Content Writing (and How it Can Help You)”
- To gift or not? This is not something I learned from my mother. A good set of guidelines. From WiseBread’s “15 Times When You Really Should Bring a Gift”
- I have been on a mission to eliminate sugar from my diet…with a family history of diabetes and stroke, lowering my blood sugar is a necessity. (I actually found that surviving the first two weeks without sugar made the cravings disappear). Lifehack.org has a great article on “Sugar is Slowly Killing You: 4 Clever and Healthy Ways to Replace Sugar”
- A very concise list from the Time Management Ninja: “10 Quick Tips to Improve Your Time Management “
Photo by dibaer. Licensed under Creative Commons.