Tuesdays are open loop days at SimpleProductivity blog.
- We are surrounded by distractions, and most of us give into them. The Positivity Blog has a great article on how to eliminate the electronic distractions at “4 Small Steps for a Simpler, Less Distracted and Less Stressful Online Life”
- A reminder that came just as I needed it. From Marc and Angel’s “11 Things You Forget You’re Doing Wrong”
- I like the short tips in Smart, Pretty and Awkward. this one has two useful tips: one about preparing for the next day, and one for letting people know you are en route. From the August 29th article.
- For those of you who sew, this tutorial shows how to create custom-sized zipper pouches. This is a great tutorial, even for novices! From Dog Under My Desk’s “Easy Zippy Pouches”
- I guess my days of ripping out power cords are over. Lifehacker talks about the pros and cons of turning off your computer. My method involves closing the lid, which puts it in hibernate mode. Any operation that needs to run will wake the computer up and go, even with the lid down. From “Is it Bad to Shutdown My Computer Regularly or Leave It On All the Time?”
- If you have ever thought yourself not creative, or as having a creative block, this article from Lifehacker can help you get past it. It gives concrete techniques you can use to get through blocks. From “Why Creativity Blocks Happen (and How to Overcome Them)”
- The importance of living with intention and how to do it are outlined in this excellent article from Becoming Minimalist. From “10 Simple Steps to Make the Most of Every Day”
Photo by csm_web