Fridays are open loop days at SimpleProductivity blog.
- Do you escalate the anger? From Seth Godin’s “Conservation of energy in conversation”
- If you haven’t learned these lessons, no matter what your age, consider them. From Lifehack.org’s “10 Life Lessons People Should Learn Before They Turn 30″
- Until it is your child having the melt-down, don’t judge. My daughter is past the melt-down stage, but this article may give tips to those of you still in that phase. From Lifehacker’s “How To Get Your Kids Through the Grocery Store, Meltdown-Free”
- Here is a list of common procrastinations…but more to the point, what to do about them. From the Positivity Blog’s “Do You Make These 3 Common Mistakes and Get Lost in Procrastination?”
- Toxic people are not rare. Here is a list of 10 signs of toxic “friends” and how to end such a relationship…and also how not to be a toxic friend. From Marc and Angels’s “10 Signs Your Friend is Toxic”
- It is important to recognize the signs of too much stress and do something about the stress level before serious consequences happen. Lifehack.org has a list at “14 WARNING Signs that You’re Way Too Stressed”
- I rarely use the Swiffer sheets anymore; the dry ones I replaced with crocheted covers I made and the wet ones just seem to attract more dirt. But if you use them, here are some ways to save some money. From Lifehack.org’s “Swiffer Hacks to Save You Money”
- Outside accountability can really be a procrastination buster. I have asked a friend to expect three chapters of my novel each week, and it has made me write instead of putting it off. From Wise Bread’s “How to Stick to Personal Deadlines”
- This hit me between the eyes. “Today is the only day you have to make sure you are moving forward on your goals.” This will be printed out and posted everywhere. From The Simple Dollar’s “Today Matters. Nothing Else Does.”
- Since I make my own planners, and often don’t have the type of paper I need at work, I love sites where I can get pre-drawn paper. From Lifehacker’s “Generated Paper Features Over 40 Printable Paper and Notebook Types”
- I find this is true. If my feet are cold, I can’t sleep. So in the cold, I pre-heat the bed with an electric mattress pad; in the summer I sleep with socks on. From Lifehacker’s “Wear Socks to Fall Asleep Easily”
- Gee, I just shake the chips out into a bowl. Apparently most people eat from the can? From Lifehacker’s “Keep Your Hands Clean with a Pop-Up Pringles Can”
Photo by jenny downing. Licensed under Creative Commons.