Fridays are open loop days at SimpleProductivity blog.
- Task lists are worthless if they don’t help you. That is why I don’t use a three-item task list. Here is a list of tasks that should be on your list. From Time Management Ninja’s “10 Tasks That Should Be On Your Todo List Today”
- Another excellent article from the Time Management Ninja. Planning isn’t enough. You also need to prepare. From “Why Preparation is Better Than Planning”
- I was always taught to measure shortening and butter by water displacement, which leaves little behind in the cup. Here is an alternate method from Lifehacker at “Line Measuring Cups With Plastic Wrap When Measuring Wet Ingredients”
- This is a soft way to deal with information overload. Don’t look at something until it has been pointed out to you multiple times. From Lifehacker’s “Say “No” by Default to Reduce Information Overload”
- As a coffee addict, I am always looking for new and inventive ways to make a good cup of coffee. Here is a new device that combines French press with pour over. From Lifehacker’s “The Bonavita Immersion Dripper Combines the Best of Two Coffee Methods”
- If one of your main ways of making money is based on a skill set that moves with the times, don’t let it get rusty! From Simple Dollar’s “How to Maintain Your Skills During a Career Hiatus”
- Walking makes a big difference for me, too. From Lifehacker’s “How to Burn More Calories Through the Day (Without Even Noticing)”
- Sunlight is important. I didn’t realize how important until one of my neighbors, an adult, contracted rickets, which is a disease caused by lack of vitamin D. This article from Lifehacker explains why sunlight is so important. From “Science Explains Why Spending Time Outside Is Important to Your Health”
- A great article on some of the services from Google you might not be using, or using to its full potential. From Lifehacker’s “Five Google Services You’re Not Using to Their Full Potential”
Photo by Wonderlane. Licensed under Creative Commons.