Part of the planning for the new year using the Incredible Life Planners is to list 100 things to do during the year.
While it may seem silly, I have found over the past two years that this is a place for mini-goals. Without these lists, I doubt I would be conscious of the things I want to do. So here is my list (mostly, and consolidated) from 2012 and what has happened.
- Read 12 non-fiction books and Read 24 fiction books. I did this. Way more on the fiction books, but I was proud to have gotten through the non-fiction, since that is difficult for me to do.
- See the zoo and the modern art collection. This will be done before the end of the year.
- Go to IKEA My daughter and I made the 3 hour trip during spring break.
- Complete the Einstein jacket. It’s in progress, and more progress is needed. It will probably be finished in January.
- Visit [3 local stores]. Did this with a friend of mine in May.
- Eat shrimp. I live next to the coast, yet rarely eat seafood. My favorite is steamed shrimp. Did this several times! YUM!
- Visit my home state. Done in August.
- Release ebook. Next year. This year wasn’t right.
- Finish the 2012 Novel and Have it printed. I didn’t finish it. I am still excited about it, though, and it will be next in line after I do the full draft of the current book.
- Finish quilt. It’s the d*mn quilt again. I need to decide what to do with this project.
- Complete NaNoWriMo ’12. Done.
- Make an herb garden. Done.
- Make a doily, spring wreath, theme painting. Done
- Camp. done
- Day at the beach. Done
- Finish summer vest. Done!
- Grow garden, plant flowers Done. With varying degrees of success.
- Eat custard. YUM! Done!
- Hike the state park. This one didn’t work out.
- Scrap Hawaii trip. I made progress, but didn’t finish.
- Drum. Had a great drum fest with some friends
- Start email list. Done
- Complete 4 e-courses. Finished 3. May get the 4th one done.
- Reboot life. Done, but needs to be done again.
- Get a mani and massage. Done during my knitting retreat.
- Sleep in. Done.
- Write in the gazebo Done, but not in the rain, which was another item.
- Read with my daughter Done, many times
- Teach dog to sit. ha ha ha ha ha ha. She’s a beagle. It’s easier to teach a chair to fetch. I’ve tried. Both.
- Pick strawberries and blueberries. Done. Lots of yumminess in the freezer.
- Bake gingerbread. Done, and probably will do again
- Make virgin coladas. No longer a need.
- Read one classic. Done. And regretted. I was horrified and shocked at this book, written in the 1790s.
- Take photos Done more than I thought.
- Grow balance, do more Wii. Eh. I’m still a klutz.
- Visit botanical garden lights. Done.
- Make catnip toys. Done.
- Declutter office, purge books. Purged the books, the office still has too much stuff. Didn’t seem as pressing toward the end of the year.
- Eat smores. Done.
- Eat mangoes. Done. Found out I’m allergic. Hives suck.
- Have a date night. Managed a couple with my husband. It’s difficult with him only being home on weekends.
- Picnic. Nope.
- Do fantasy football. Did it, but not enjoying. This will be the last year.
- Buy fun shoes. Done. Totally impractical, lovely and on sale.
- Buy a fun hat. Nope, and don’t feel the need.
- Watch football. Done.
- Play in the snow. You’ve got to have snow to play in it. Hasn’t happened this year.
- Watch Pride and Prejudice. Done. Dreamy.
- Play catch. No, didn’t do this, but I still want to.
- Make or eat tapenade. I decided the end product was the important part, so bought some.
- Buy carnations. Nope.
- Make a bookworm Nope.
- Celebrate 100 things to do in 2012. Doing it now.
As you can see, I accomplished many of the items on the list. I can honestly say that I wouldn’t have done about half of them if they hadn’t been on the list. I reviewed this list weekly and really tried to think about how I could fit things in.
Now, gearing up for the 100 things list for 2013 in my new planner.
What would be on your list? I challenge you to make one. It’s harder than you think, but worth every moment of effort.
Photo by My Buffo