I am taking the rest of 2010 off to recharge my batteries. This article was first published on 23 July 2009.
There comes a time in every examined life where you have to stop and say “What am I trying to do?”
This question may be resolved by a quick examination of current goals and a re-orientation in that direction, or it may be something much deeper, requiring further questions.
If you need more questions, ask yourself:
- Is this something I still want to do?
- Is this something I want to do, or is it an external expectation?
- Does this serve my best interests and the best interests of those I love?
- Does this help me be the best person I can be?
- Would this be better done by someone else? Can I let go of it?
- Is this a smaller part of a larger goal?
- Why am I attached to this outcome?
- Is the probable outcome still in line with my desires?
- Will this matter in 10 years?
- Is this moving me in the direction I want to go?
- Is this making a positive difference, to me or someone else?
- Why did I want this?
- Why did I decide to do this initially?
- How does this fit in with my life goals?
- How does this fit in with my other current goals?
- Do I need to devote more time to this?
- Do I need to change direction in pursuit of this?
- Does this need to incubate for a while?
- Is this still as important as it used to be?
- Do I need to find help to complete this?
Photo by jinterwas