WorkRave, by Rob Caelers & Raymond Penners, is an application that will reduce the risk of repetitive stress injury (RSI).
Manufacturer: Rob Caelers & Raymond Penners
Current Version: Windows: 1.8.5
Pros and Cons
- Forces me to take breaks
- Gives two types of breaks: short and long
- Gives exercises on-screen to help prevent RSI
- Hard to ignore
- Can limit the total time you spend on the computer
- Timing is difficult to get right
- Mini breaks blink too long before you can dismiss them.
Why Did I Download This?
As a writer and programmer, not to mention a musician, I am at high risk for RSI. I mouse with alternate hands at work and home, but this is not necessarily enough. Without adequate breaks, my back will act up, and muscle knots will develop in my shoulders.
This program came to my attention during some web surfing, and I decided to give it a try.
How Do I Use This?
At work, I use this to force me to take breaks to get up, stretch, and move around. At home I do the same, but also use it to limit my time on the computer.