Fridays are tip days at SimpleProductivity blog.
During my recent vacation, I took at class called “Day Spa in Your Bathroom”. The point of the class was that you can get day spa results in your home with much less cost. It started me thinking about other treats and joys that don’t cost much. Here are 10 of my inexpensive simple joys and treats:
- Banana Popsicles. These things are cold, low-calorie and inexpensive. A must on hot days.
- Baths. Whether or not I go for the full spa routine, or if I just toss some Epsom salts in the tub, a bath relaxes me like nothing else.
- Hand cream. I work with my hands constantly. A nice cream makes me feel pampered. My favorite is a Vaseline product which is very inexpensive.
- Coffee on the deck in the morning. A cup of coffee and watching the sunrise and the birds sing. A great way to start the day.
- A good-feeling pen. You don’t have to spend tons of money on these (see A Leftie’s Favorite Pens). Just something nice to write with.
- Iced coffee. I make my own in the afternoon. Leftover coffee, a small smidgen of flavored syrup, milk and ice.
- Family game night. Spending time with my family is wonderful. We love to play games, ranging from the standard board games like Sorry! and Monopoly to our latest favorites The Settlers of Catan and Go Nuts! Dice Game. We can also play Wii games (purchased used) or cards.
- Pets. There are those that would argue that pets complicate life and are expensive. I believe that our menagerie adds more than it takes. Our beagle, two cats and recently four guppies bring hours of relaxation and soothing. A big reward for caring for them. (Note: the younger cat is on my desk as I write this)
- Listening to music. I’m a musician, so this would have to be on my list. I listen to good music whenever I can. Good music varies from person to person, but my favorites change based on mood, time of day and task.
Where’s number 10? That’s for you to fill in.
Photo by Dyanna