Wednesdays are simplicity days at SimpleProductivity blog.
With Halloween right around the corner, I thought I would do a link post with some easy Halloween costumes for kids.
- From Robin’s FYI: Homemade Halloween Costumes – easy and cheap!. This has great ideas for clothing-based costumes.
- Costume Idea Zone has some fun box costume ideas at Think Inside the Box.
- Really easy last-minute ideas can be found at Halloween.com’s Quick Halloween Costume Ideas for that Last Minute Costume
- About.com has lots of costume ideas, including the ones on the Box list at Fast and Simple (Last-Minute) Costumes.
- The Octopus costume at Octopus Hoodie is adorable!
- Better Homes and Gardens has a few ideas at Easy -to-Make Kids ‘ Halloween Costumes.
- Women’s Day has some cute ideas at Quick Costumes.
I’ll throw in one of my own: the Black Widow. Take 2 pairs of black tights and cut the legs off. Stuff them with filler and sew closed. Sew to the side seams of a black shirt. From the sleeves of the shirt, run a thread down through each of the “legs” so that when the child moves her arms, the spider legs move. Sew or paint a red hourglass on the back, and pair with black pants or leggings. Note: Since this is a black costume, make sure that the child has light sources on her when she goes out trick-or-treating.
Photo by vladeb