Wednesdays are simplicity days at SimpleProductivity blog.
A friend recently asked me where to start with simplifying her life. I thought I would throw together a list of recommended books that I found helpful:
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Revised and Updated for the 21st Century. This book will help you clarify what you are doing with your life in relation to money. Most people will simplify after reading the book.
- Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down and Enjoy the Things That Really Matter. The first book I read on simplicity. Bite sized ways to get simpler.
- Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More. Another book by the author of Simplify Your Life.
- The Joy of Simple Living: Over 1,500 Simple Ways to Make Your Life Easy and Content– At Home and At Work Packed with tips covering all areas of life.
- 30 Days to a Simpler Life. Step by step ways to get a more sane life. This book has “easy” and “hard” levels, depending on how far you want to tackle simplicity.
- It’s All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff. A great book on clutter and getting rid of it.
- Living Simply with Children: A Voluntary Simplicity Guide for Moms, Dads, and Kids Who Want to Reclaim the Bliss of Childhood and the Joy of Parenting. A great book on how to simplify within a family.
- Simplicity Lessons: A 12-Step Guide to Living Simply. 12 steps to simplicity. The lessons are more in depth than the 30 Days book.
- The Simple Living Guide: A Sourcebook for Less Stressful, More Joyful Living. Strategies, stories, resources and information. This is a great reference book.
I don’t recommend you go out and buy all these books at once! They are all great resources, and should be available from your local library. I bought each of these books after reading them, and refer back to them frequently.
Photo by kwerfeldein